Respecting the environment is fundamental for all of us in KANELLAKIS S.A.; it means committing ourselves to taking action, in order to minimize the environmental impact of the operation of the Unit.
The basic principles of our company’s environmental policy are:
· Reduction of produced waste and rational waste management by recycling and reusing.
· Proper use of natural resources and adoption of modern methods and techniques to save energy.
· Emphasis on informing and awakening, but also constantly training our staff about environmental issues.
· Full alignment with the European and International Legislation.
· Attention on prevention, by developing a plan of action in case of an emergency that would harm the environment.
K. KANELLAKIS S.A. has developed and follows detailed procedures to define and determine environmental management issues, such as those originating by our company’s provided services and products, according to the International Environmental Management Standard ENISO 14001:2004.
Using an Environmental Management System (EMS) to implement an Environmental Management Program (EMP) in the company’s facilities, by assigning roles, responsibilities and duties, in order to establish and maintain a proven procedure of identifying, reporting and revising the environmental goals of the business.
Collaborating with licensed companies in handling solid waste, following management practices that comply with the existing legislation.
Adopting proper measures to save and rationally use water resources, by using rainwater tanks, as well as water cooling and recycling methods, necessary for the production procedure.
Adopting strict policies to control electric energy consumption, to properly manage solid waste, as well as to reuse expendable products.K. KANELLAKIS S.A. takes proper measures to protect the environment, preserve human health and ensure a more rational use of the natural resources.